Well, it’s that time of year again: Christian Conference season. Actually, according to this there is no off-season anymore for Christian conferences. They are a big deal and big business plus you never know who you’re going to see there. Here’s a list of 8 great conferences. I will be going down to Exponential in Orlando with my wife and several hundred Wesleyans. I’ll be the guy walking around with a camera and a mic. I’m also attending the InCite Conference at newhope church in Durham, NC this June. I recently got an invite to conference this fall that I have never attended. I was intrigued, but ultimately disappointed when I looked at what they were offering. With that in mind here is the Christian Conference I would pay big money to go to if anyone ever put it together.
Opening Session-Time of Repentance, Renewal, and Communion
- Helping people develop the fruits of the Spirit.
- Excellent Spirit led worship without it feeling like a concert or a performance.
- Gospel Centered and Parent Equipping Children’s and Youth Ministry that keeps graduates in the Church
- Creating a culture of generosity that isn’t centered on the Weekend offering.
- Helping people discover, develop, and deploy their spiritual gifts.
- Leadership and Financial Transparency
- More than a checked box: how to count salvations and baptisms honestly
- Preaching with authority
- Creating a culture and ministry that won’t burn volunteers out in the first 6 months.
- Communicating the vision Jesus has for the church without adding your 2 cents
- Membership that makes disciples instead of dictators
- How and why a growing church should bring a decline in certain statistics in your County and Community.
- Igniting spiritual growth that amazes, attracts, and scares your community without becoming a circus
- Training and Equipping people to train and equip people to make disciples.
- Responding to a Wesleyan Pastor who mocks your conference without calling him a “hater.”
Closing Session-Being filled and living in the power of the Holy Spirit
Now, there may be a Christian Conference out there that’s close to this and if so, let me know. I’m almost tempted to get my own conference together because I am desperate for more in all of these areas…except #15. I’m good on that.